Thread: Pain
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2013, 12:13 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Pain

Hello everybody. I joined NeuroTalk last year after my diagnosis with Myasthenia Gravis last August. I've gotten a lot of help over on the MG board and hoping you might be able to help me now here. Over the past couple of weeks, my partner has been having some troubling symptoms that we haven't been able to figure out. These include muscle spasms, numbness in his toes, some tingling sensations, some blurriness and visual issues, etc.

He's also been having pain in his chest. He decribes it as about the length of a pencil, right in the middle of the breatbone. It got more intense earlier in the week and I took him to the hospital. They ruled out a heart attack and ran several other cardiac tests and scans and found absolutely notihng wrong. They sent him home with some pain medication and muscle relaxants, but so far they haven't done anything.

He's more recently described the pain as radiating elsewhere from the chest. It was actually while he was in the hospital that he initially said that the pain had basically penetrated through to his upper back, eventually up the base of his neck and into his shoulder.

I know some of his other symptoms point generally to MS, although they probably point to a lot of other things as well. I thought I remembered hearing/reading that there could be some sort of pain associated with MS as well, but I thought I would check here with people who live with it every day. Do you experience any sort of pain? Is there a type of pain that is "typical" or more common in MS? Does this sort of chest pain seem to be indicative to anyone?

He just made an appointment with our PCP for Thursday and I told him he needs to discuss a referral for a neurologist, but any thoughts or comments you might have would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Adam
hajile99 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Erika (07-23-2013), SallyC (07-22-2013)