View Single Post
Old 07-22-2013, 04:21 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Some people do react strangely to drugs. I am one of them too.

I do recall your posts on PN, so I understand.

The 60mg LA corresponds to 20mg 3 times a day of immediate release. The LA was developed after the patent expired on Ayerst's original Inderal. LA supposedly give a smoother response, but some people may find that too strong for them.

Using a small dose of propranolol immediate release say twice a day may not give such side effects and be more tolerable. It may work on the tremors that way. I think that is worth a try...it is very inexpensive generically. Ask for 10mg twice a day and see what happens (get 20 or so)? You might be surprised. To control tremors, that may be all you need. Doctors don't really understand dosing.
See Dr. Cohen's website (Jay Cohen MD) for further explanation of how many drugs are given in too high of doses.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Erika (07-22-2013), Mariel (07-22-2013), SallyC (07-22-2013)