Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Statins... we need not look further.

This is my statin post:
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/post665830-5.html
There are many many statin articles on PN.. Use the search function for more posts. "statin" as a keyword.

Here is a link showing new photos of statin damage to nerves:
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0510150143.htm

Watch Dr. Kendrick MD's video for starters:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8SSCNaaDcE

Read what we have gathered here, and in the end you will have to decide for yourself.

But I strongly believe that no supplement will reverse statin damage if you continue to use them.

One thing you MUST do is supplement with a quality CoQ-10 product. Qunol or Q-gel is the newest and most absorbable.
Statins affect the enzyme in the liver that makes your own CoQ-10 for you. This nutrient is essential for muscles including the heart muscle, your gums, and proper functioning of the energy cells called mitochondria in all your tissues. Studies have shown that if a person is on a statin everyday, by 5 yrs time, 1/2 of their own CoQ-10 is lost. Losing this vital nutrient is very damaging to muscles and your heart. No real guarantees about
fixing the nerves however, with this supplement. 100mg a day minimum of the new form, or 300mg a day of the older oil based CoQ-10 products.
Qunol is on Amazon and at Costco at reduced affordable prices.
Your weak leg muscles could be statin results.

We have had people here damaged by statins, some have improved when the statin was removed, some have not. But if you continue with it...you will NOT improve with anything we discuss here IMO.
That is your choice. Dr. Jay Cohen MD believes that adequate
cholesterol lowering (if you even believe that works at all), can be had from 5mg of Lipitor a day. (that is 1/2 of a 10 mg tablet)-- He has written a book about this in fact and it is available on Amazon.

There are new studies out now that 5mg of Crestor (the strongest most toxic statin ever), can work adequately taken twice a WEEK. So read up here, search the net yourself, and decide what course you will take. I assure you that your doctor (and almost all doctors) do NOT know the damage they are doing to their patients. So I gather up these medical papers and sites, to provide the other side of the story. Then you can then be informed a bit better to make this decision for yourself.

BTW...statins work on the liver, and can damage it over time. That is another concern you will have to decide upon.
We are coming to the end of statin treatments. New non-statin drugs are on the verge of approval. It won't be long that statins will be a historical anomaly.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (09-09-2015), onlyhuman (09-22-2016)