View Single Post
Old 07-22-2013, 05:24 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you again Mrs.d. My surfing has evolved to where I stand not fully erect as I have favored my left due to injury and neuropathy or combo of both. Normally you need to get to your feet quickly with one foot in front of the other. Right foot in front of left is called goofy foot stance, which is my normal stance. Left foot forward is called regular , kinda like being a right hander as opposed to being a lefty. Now with my weakened left side I tend to be one knee up and one knee down which is not ideal for surfing to say the least. Maybe on a boogie board it is acceptable but I do want I have to do be in the water. We have had an unusual summer this year with many large south swells. Can not recall in memory so many large waves over so long a period.
When I do stand, my feet are parallel with each other which is totally incorrect, and to correct this with micro seconds and on moving body of water, pretty near impossible. When factoring in other surfers in the water in your way and size of wave, etc. I stay in my half up, half down position as it offers me more control. My goal is to get to my feet properly, hopefully soon. Hopefully everything is well in your state as all I have been reading is about the Detroit bankruptcy. We are doing much better now as tourism has picked up here.
Shadowwarrior is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote