View Single Post
Old 07-22-2013, 10:01 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I basically agree with MrsD. When I got atrial fibrillation, the cardio wanted me on 80 mg a day of Propanalol. Knowing my sensitivity to some drugs (and having had a bad response to ACE inhibitors as MrsD did), I decided to start off at ten mg. immediate release of Propanalol. This helped but I decided to go up to 15 mg. I take that now, in divided doses 5 mg X3 a day. But I'm probably different from you, as I do not have migraines as far as I know. If I do have migraines, they are atypical and painless.

I would have had bradycardia, which MrsD speaks of, if I'd taken the 80mg of Propanalol. I've gotten bradycardia from the Interferons and from the Chemo drug Hydrea, so I know I can get it from drugs. The cardiologist was livid that I didn't start the 80 mg of Propanalol. Another bad doctor experience, of which I've had many.

I am not urging you to start again on a low dose...as I really don't know what's up in your case, but I just wanted to say that some of us do well on a much lower dose of Propranalol. It is THE most useful drug I have ever taken. I oddly do not do as well on Inderal, which is the "brand name" version of Propanalol, I think. I have not tried Atenalol.
Mariel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (07-23-2013)