View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 03:34 AM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Default Wisdom extractions and muscular issues?

I had all four wisdom teeth extracted 7/11/13, so 11 days ago. All were impacted, bottom two were full bony impactions. I'm 37 yrs old but they did not erupt until the last couple years. By erupt I mean just a little broken through the skin.

They didnt really say much after the surgery and frankly I was out of it. I was prescribed amoxicillin, Norco, and methylprednisolone. I went back to work on day 4 but it seemed too soon as I was struggling with lower jaw pain. On day 6 I went back to the surgeon's office (saw an asst) because I was worried about dry socket... The pain was getting worse by the day, not better. The assistant assured me I'd be in much worse pain if it were dry socket and said she could see the blood clot so she believed it to be "muscular."

I had been using a lot of ice because it was necessary to sleep, even with the Norco. She said to use moist heat for muscular and that the ice was probably increasing the pain.

It's slightly better now but I'm left wondering what "muscular" means in this regard exactly? Anyone know or have similar experience?
Nightlady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote