View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 05:39 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile

July 22, 2013
8 year anniversary of my MVD

I want to keep updating yearly, so you know the long term effects of MVD. I can tell you that as of my 8th year MVD anniversary, everything is still good.

Is it perfect? No.

Is it manageable. 100%!!

As usual, I seem to have my flare ups in the transitional months between Winter and Spring. This year it was late April. I took 1 Tegretol to get me over that day of shocks and it was gone the next day. I wish I had answers as to why this happens, but I don't.

So instead of fighting it, I make sure I still have some Tegretol around and I cope with that day or two.

Other than a couple of bad days, my year is wonderful! No meds, no pain, no TN.

The smaller twinges have tapered off completely since I get closer and closer to menopause. It's because my hormones are not fluctuating pre and post menstrual cycles. You men have it good!!

So I go about my life, still never forgetting that I have TN.

This year I had to have a fair size cavity filled exactly where my shocks used to be, in my upper left back molar. To say I was petrified would be mild. It went off without a hitch. No problems during the procedure or after the freezing wore off. That was a big thing for me.

So for all you people thinking about MVD. Remember, the unfortunate people who post about failed MVD's are not the norm. The success rate is in the high 90%'s. It's just that those people move on with their lives and you don't hear from them on these forums.

This is why I come back every year, to tell you there is hope for a normal life.

If you have Typical or Classic TN and you put yourself in the hands of an experienced neuro surgeon with a proven MVD success rate, you will have your life back. For ATN, the success rate is a bit lower and more individual.

I wish everyone a pain free year!! and I'm still around if you want to talk. ellacjn@hotmail.com

We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust our sails
ella138 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Burntmarshmallow (07-23-2013), jjlsongbird (07-24-2013), shezbut (02-23-2017)