View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 03:32 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Anacrusis - duty and lack of gratefulness have not kept me from letting others know that there are some of us who are in "remission". Two reasons for me - 1. There are some others on other MG support group sites that don't hide their feelings towards those that are not as sick as they are. and 2. I am not comfortable telling others about how lucky and blessed and I am for fear of upsetting them.

I am a 52 year old female, 1 and a half years post trans-sternal thymectomy. I have been symptom and drug free since 3 weeks after my surgery. (I was only on mestinon) I only had ptosis but my thymus was enlarged (and ended up way bigger than the CT scan showed)
I'm extremely glad I had the surgery, wish I knew why it worked for me, and hope the remission lasts forever, but am now a bit more educated about the disease to know otherwise.

Cait24 - I can't tell you you should get a thymectomy since the success varies too much in some people's opinions, but I would find out if there are any proven definite medical reasons why you should not have the surgery. Good luck at your appointment!
wbdolphin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Anacrusis (07-23-2013), cait24 (07-23-2013), gr8ful (07-23-2013), Online User (07-23-2013), sandy56 (07-23-2013)