View Single Post
Old 05-16-2007, 03:52 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Justice

People get "hooked" for many different reasons. There is, of course, the physical side. But there is also an emotional side that is less understood. I have been around many drug addicts in my days, and the major problem is that they are using the meds to hide from their realities. If you can't think, you can't feel or hurt emotionally. As soon as they begin thinking again, they start a desperate search for their next high.

But as far as them getting high and you not, that's easy to explain. Anasazi is right about the way they take them making a huge difference. I'm betting you've never crushed and snorted or injected your pain pills, lol. Stick with that, hon! Doing it "their way" is obviously a bad idea.

I have been on major pain killers for 14 years now. I take Baclofen (muscle relaxer), Vicodin and Morphine. When someone has true pain, all the meds do is lessen the pain... they don't remove it entirely. When you're still hurting, you aren't getting high off them.

I still worry, though... a smart thing to do, i.m.h.o., lol. So once a month I go without any relief for 24 hours. The pain is insane for that day, but the mental relief I get is well worth it. If all you feel on that day is the pain, then you are ok. But if you get any of the withdrawl symptoms in that 24 hrs., then it's time to talk to your dr. A.S.A.P.

There are only two types of people in this world... those who bring you peace and those who don't.
theoneRogue420 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote