Thread: Any Lawyers?
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 04:00 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

hi catch,
i'm sorry for your troubles. that in and of itself is stressful. please hang in there.

you've done the right thing. when i applied for ssdi there was a "snaful" with my records...umph...and i was denied. i then got a disability lawyer (they only collect their fee after you've been approved and the check dispensed) and it took another 18 mos.

my best advice is to get your drs to document, document, document in your chart. when i was about to fill out the application my neuro's office told me to approach it like it was a master's thesis. very detail oriented and to the point. and only facts backed up by dr's records.

my other best advice is to make copies of ALL dr's records. keep your own file and MAKE SURE it gets to ssdi intact and all together. a lawyer should be able to do this correctly. then, maybe it will take less time.
You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.
--------------------------------------
"DESIDERATA" by Max Ehrmann
NurseNancy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (07-23-2013)