View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 04:17 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbdolphin View Post
Anacrusis - duty and lack of gratefulness have not kept me from letting others know that there are some of us who are in "remission". Two reasons for me - 1. There are some others on other MG support group sites that don't hide their feelings towards those that are not as sick as they are. and 2. I am not comfortable telling others about how lucky and blessed and I am for fear of upsetting them.

I am a 52 year old female, 1 and a half years post trans-sternal thymectomy. I have been symptom and drug free since 3 weeks after my surgery. (I was only on mestinon) I only had ptosis but my thymus was enlarged (and ended up way bigger than the CT scan showed)
I'm extremely glad I had the surgery, wish I knew why it worked for me, and hope the remission lasts forever, but am now a bit more educated about the disease to know otherwise.

Cait24 - I can't tell you you should get a thymectomy since the success varies too much in some people's opinions, but I would find out if there are any proven definite medical reasons why you should not have the surgery. Good luck at your appointment!
Thank you,

I am extremely grateful for you sharing your opinion & info.
Wishing you continued remission for as long as is possible....

Anacrusis
Anacrusis is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
cait24 (07-23-2013), sandy56 (07-23-2013)