View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 08:38 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Dr Thompson surgery protocol?

Evening all,
looks as if the military docs are going to be sending me to St. Louis to see Dr. Thompson. I have done my research and although he is well published, the reviews of him on the public online community (not this TOS community) are not very good and it has me VERY nervous. I have researched some previous posts from you all, to see how you felt about Dr Thompson, his staff and surgery/recovery. Can you tell me what his surgery protocol is? As in, day of surgery, spend __X__ amount of days in the hospital, __X__ number of xrays to make sure you have great lung function, a drain placed, a pain pump, PT started immediately, ect??

This is just a standard, run of the mill, surgery protocol that Dr. Thompson would have told you "if everything goes according to plan, you will be inpatient.... then start physical therapy... then discharge.... and follow up in..... days."

Who's got some information for me? I do not have a current DVT, nor a found history of having one. Will he make me take blood thinners as a preventative??

I'm trying to get as much info as possible because I've only got one shot at either meeting this guy, or turning him down and seeing someone else. One shot.

Thanks! BTW- I've had A/V TOS surgery successfully on the left side, done in AZ in '2011. I have A/V TOS on the right side that has now gotten urgent and in need of the surgery. The docs don't want to send me back to AZ to have the right side done...
josepentia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote