View Single Post
Old 05-16-2007, 05:23 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile

Thanks, ((((((Rashelle)))))) for the kind words.

I'm glad your son is OK. I know how precious they are (got one myself)

That's too bad about losing your benefits and your pension.

If you're having problems with obtaining your drugs, you might want to check these out:

http://public.murl.com/moose53/HEALT...OGRAMS_(DRUGS)
(press the [page-down] key 3 times)

Another thing that you might want to check into for the "doctor" part of it is 'free care'. As part of the Medicaid program, hospitals have to accept a certain percentage of patients in the free care pool. It's based on income. Sometimes if your income is just slightly over the 'allowable' for Medicaid, they'll move you to the free care pool. I see the same doctors. My primary care physician is part of an association of doctors -- everything from gynecology to dermatology. My pain management doctor *IS* through the pain management clinic but he's the director and he supervises everything that's done to me. I get very good care. AND, I've had the same doctors for years.

I hope some of this helps. I know the big drug companies are willing to provide meds to people that can't afford them. That info is in the bookmark (above) that I gave you.

Oh, one more thing. Going into a alley somewhere and using a crack pipe to get high or picking up oxycontin on the local street corner is NOT the same as using prescription drugs to lower your pain levels so that you can function and have a life. I doubt very much that you'll get hooked on drugs. The ones that don't have that fear (the fear of being hooked) are usually the ones that get hooked.

I don't know what your money sitch is. If you're not on Medicaid, you should apply. If they deny you, you can apply to one of your local hospitals for free care. I live in Boston and we have TONS of teaching hospitals here. Those are the places to get the best care.

Hugs. Good luck. And have a nice day.

Barb

Last edited by moose53; 05-16-2007 at 11:12 AM.
moose53 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote