View Single Post
Old 05-16-2007, 05:45 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile thank you

Thank you very much every one, i'm so greatfull for any info as i believe it's going to be up to me to make sure i get the right treatment for me, i have to do that as ive reseached for a long time to find whats wrong with me and i definatly think ive got my dr's to put their noses to the grindstone for me. i have found a gp who is backing me all the way and after 12 years i definatly deserve some answers and will get them . thank you and trust me you'l be hearing me ask many more questions along the way as i'd preffer to get info from people who have been there hemselves.as a patient hugs jen .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkette View Post
Hi Jenny,
Welcome to the forum. I've had epilepsy for 35 yrs. and what you are describing sounds very much like a partial seizure known as an aura seizure, sometimes an aura seizure can lead into a complex partial or absence seizure with me. I've learned that the moment I start to see colors in my eyes and get a funny feeling in my stomach to tighten up all the muscles in my body and make my hands into tight fists, by doing this it stops the seizure. My neuro taught me about it yrs. ago.
I've tried 14 different AED's and not a single AED has stopped my seizures, I later found out that I was drug resistant so I started taking vitamin B12 once a day, and I started the ketogenic diet which is a diet high in fat but low in carbs. and protein. This has been the biggest help reducing my seizures even after having 2 brain surgeries. Also stay away from nutra sweet (ex. diet soda) I found out that if I eat or drink anything with nutra sweet in it it will cause more electrical activity in the brain and lead to seizures for me.
If you haven't started keeping a journal of all of your possible seizures. Get a calendar and write down what time they happen along with a description of the seizure. Also write down when you start and stop your monthly cycle. By doing this you may be able to see a pattern as to what time of day or night and what days of the month you are more likely to have any seizures. It's been proven that when the hormones change each month many women have more seizures. Also lack of sleep and to much stress and bright lights can trigger seizures.
Check out the following web page for more info. about epilepsy.
http://www.neuropat.dote.hu/neurology.htm
click on epilepsy when the main page comes up.

Here's wishing you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue
jenD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote