View Single Post
Old 07-24-2013, 12:11 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anacrusis View Post
Hello and good luck with your myasthenic journey, strizzlow.

In the beginning before knowing anything about the effects of heat on neuromuscular transmission I was trying to do a warm water stretching class in a pool with a ramp with ladies 40 years my senior, and the heat from that pool seemed to fill my muscles with concrete as did the warmth of my normal morning shower. One of the older ladies in the class asked why I so young joined this class, why it didnīt help, and why I never seemed to manage to keep up with them. Well a few years before that I was river rafting the Grand Canyon (and playing volleyball down there after tying the boats up ) and driving through the Death Valley desert in a car without the air conditioning on - without any trouble whatsoever, and now suddenly a couple of degrees fluctuation could create such a difference.

Tomorrow I am going on a short sail trip in a small yacht. I am pretty worried about the sudden abnormal heatwave we are having and also having to help with the ropes - but I have taken good precautions and planned very differently this time round and everyone going on the trip is on full alert.
In my situation I am just incredibly grateful that this year I can even sit upright in a boat and actually grasp a rope at all if I have to

Anacrusis
Have a wonderful time! Bring extra ice packs. People says those cooling towels/bandanas from Lowes work really well.
thanks
kathie
cait24 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Anacrusis (07-25-2013)