Thread: nerve head pain
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2013, 01:38 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I too have been suffering from constant head pain which is so severe that it is disabling. It started as a pressure feeling like my head was about to explode. Then a strange tingling sensation on the top left side of my head/ forehead. It has now progressed to a constant severe burning pain which has forced me to stop work - it is ruining my life. I have been on antidepressants for a couple of years and i do have some nose/sinus issues that my ent has told me are not causing this pain. My vision has deteriorated quite badly and am now experiencing eye pain. I have double vision which i am told is due to a nerve palsy, blurred vision, ghosting, halos, starbursts and am short sighted.

I did have a brain tumor removed may years ago but did not experience any nerve pain or neuralgia in the years following. It want until i started antidepressants that the problems started. pain medications and anticonvulsants are not doing anything, just bringing unwanted side effects. I am in desperate need for some help so if anyone has any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Could it be neck/posture related? My neck and shoulder muscles are tight and sore all the time, massage and chiro does not help.
pleo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote