View Single Post
Old 07-24-2013, 02:49 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by finz View Post
Soaking in the water is the BEST treatment for my pain issues.

I had always attributed it to the buoyancy of the water easing the load on my vertebrae and that I've always associated the water with relaxation.

A book that I've read called Earthing (google Earthing or grounding) talks about the effects positive free radicals on affecting our health. It claims that grounding, getting back to walking barefoot in the grass, dirt, or sand allows our bodies to get negative ions from the earth to combat free radicals. According to that theory, floating around in water, exposing most of your body to the effect of the earths negative ions, whether from the sea, or even in an inground pool, helps fight the free radicals. The book also promoted the companies grounding products, including chair pads and sheets. I am normally a skeptical cynic. I purchased a grounding sheet after not being able to sleep for more than an hour or two at a time for years since my pain issues started. Now I am able to get my 10+ hours (that seems to be what my body requires now), no problem.
I remember now - about 6 months ago I was reading around and came across the negative ions v. free radicals idea for pain, and looked at this site selling stuff. I nearly bought a bracelet claiming to emit negative ions, but it wasn't cheap. Maybe I should have? Good to know you had some success with it....might be worth a try. Hell of a lot cheaper than a trip to the Scillys, bless 'em!

Bram.

Coeliac since 2007.
Patella femoral arthritis both knees.

Keep smiling!
Brambledog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote