View Single Post
Old 07-24-2013, 07:31 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I'm so sorry, and I totally understand! I have primary lupus and secondary fibromyalgia-it's why I haven't checked until now, I've been sleeping after work.

My current rheumatologist is the first to admit lupus and Fibro can attack your teeth.

I can promise you'll get through it! I also live alone. 4 years ago I took 4 weeks off work to help my mom, who we thought was dying. She pulled through, and my sister died 4 days later. 6 months after that I had to have a mastectomy and reconstruction, and in the last surgery they broke my teeth and denied it. I seriously thought I'd have a full meltdown. Funny enough, I didn't. I made it through even though I didn't think I would-more than once I thought I'd break.

The way I see it is if you're smart enough to find this board and do research, you're smart enough to figure it all out. Most people don't do research.

Even though I work, I do understand the financial piece. I actually go to mexico for dental work. I wouldn't advocate that for everyone by any means. I live in So CA, so I'm able to drive there, and my dentist is a friends family member. My point is the only reason I have options is because I have that option.

Also, if you are on SDI you probably have Medicare. If you have a Medicare Advantage plan, do you have the dental rider to help you pay? There is also the option of community clinics in some places, as well as dental schools. I looked at all those things too before making me decisions.

For me, it wasn't just the decisions, it was how to pay for them.

I promise, you'll get through this! Let us know how we can help. Gentle hugs!
socasusie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote