View Single Post
Old 07-24-2013, 08:00 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ella138 View Post
July 22, 2013
8 year anniversary of my MVD

This is why I come back every year, to tell you there is hope for a normal life.

If you have Typical or Classic TN and you put yourself in the hands of an experienced neuro surgeon with a proven MVD success rate, you will have your life back. For ATN, the success rate is a bit lower and more individual.

I wish everyone a pain free year!! and I'm still around if you want to talk. ellacjn@hotmail.com
Thanks, Ella, for your diary and for continuing to post! I want to add to the encouragement. I had an MVD almost 4 years ago and have been pain and medication free since. I have had a couple of minor twinges in the general area of my TN that scared me, but were not strong and not even clearly in the same spot. And that area of my face is sensitive to breezes occasionally (I had two other procedures before the MVD). But that is all. It is encouraging to hear from Ella that even if I should get an occasional lightning bolt, that doesn't mean I will be right back where I was. In fact, before the MVD even when I had to go back on Tegritol, the pain was never as severe as in the begining (bad, but not quite as strong).

Thanks, Ella! And may you all find the help you need.
Burntmarshmallow (07-25-2013), shezbut (02-23-2017)