View Single Post
Old 07-24-2013, 03:50 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Help !Mestinon tip for swallowing issues! & Myth

For those who experience difficulty with swallowing Mestinon, the following
is a helpful tip. This tip was offered to a forum, years ago, and I "stole it"... posted it...somewhere here...

If your dosage is 30 mg, break your Mestinon in half, place it under your tongue and let it melt.

If you are on 60 mg, do the above, twice, as some people feel that the 60 mg
tablet is too large to sit under the tongue. I certainly felt that way.

Yes, it's possible that the medication might get into your system a little faster, but I have as yet, not heard of anyone who has had a problem with this.

*NOTE: I thought I should add a bit more info. The woman who posted this tip, many years ago, had a young child who couldn't
swallow the medication. Mom took it upon herself to try this, and it worked. She told the child's neurologist, and the doctor thought
it was brilliant, and so did I.
__________________________________________________ _______________

As well, I'd like to clear up the myth that Mestinon does not stay in the body...yes it can. A group of patients were tested, and some were found to have Mestinon for up to 12 hours after ingesting. No negative effects were found. I'll try to find this study, and if by some miracle I find it, I'll post it.

DISCLAIMER: I'm not a doctor of medicine so ask a real doctor! They probably won't know but what the heck...

Last edited by Fortunatos; 07-24-2013 at 04:13 PM. Reason: Add more information
Fortunatos is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
cait24 (07-24-2013), pingpongman (07-24-2013)