View Single Post
Old 07-24-2013, 05:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default not very bright!!

OK I have just realized that I posted on someone's thread that was last written in 2008. Guess I won't probably get a response! But it did give me pause. Some of the posting referred to "once the brain get scrambled that there wasn't much help and that is how it was." He also mentioned that once you have healed awhile that the test they give you are no longer valid.
So I am wondering if other people find this to be true? My son has made great strides after emerging from a vegetative state a year and a half ago. (coma for 48 days, additional 58 days in a vegetative state). He has a long long ways to go. He is suppose to have a test that is will show abilities/deficits so we can understand how to help him better. Do any of you think that his healing for this amount of time will invalidate the information? I am not trying to pull apart this person's post, but I am confused. Also, how do you get the nifty information blip that shows up at the bottom of many people's post? It would make it easier to explain or ask questions if I didn't have to repeat my son's story all the time. I am glad I have found this site. The support and knowledge is amazing.
supermansmom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote