View Single Post
Old 07-24-2013, 07:51 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default nerve meds

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkl626 View Post
What nerve pain meds do you all recommend

I am having trouble telling the difference between nerve pain and muscle pain. I know when I have nerve pain in my arm and pinkie,but I am thinking the horrible burning pain that goes from my neck down to my scalpula might be nerve pain. It was so bad last night and nothing was helping. i ended up taking a sleeping pill and slept on ice. I cannot sleep painkillers like vicodin.

I am thinking of trying some nerve medicine to add to Flexeril(muscle relaxant) and Relafan(Anti-Inflammatory) to see if it helps before I decide whether to do the nerve block injections.

I have a prescription for Lyrica but I've heard it has alot of side effects. Has anyone tried Neurontin?

I am scheduled Friday to try a Trial of Neural Prlolotherapy to see if it can help. I will let everyone know how it goes.

Thanks for the input
I have tried every nerve med there is, w/o much luck. Had side effects to all of them so was told to stop taking. Narcotic meds. don't help nerve p. Much. I found muscle relaxants help some but not wo. Side effects for me. I have burning /sore deep pain from my upper back down thru. Scapula & shoulder area. Also sharp stabbing pains in clavicle and base of neck w/numbness, more so after any simple activity.
I started taking Neurotin again, just at nite 600mg. at 7pm, when I'm at my worst. I found 900mg to make me unable to get up in am. No doing whole lot for my pain, but helping me to sleep w/o having to take narcotics or tramadol. I also take ativan at nite. U can go as high as 2700mg., usually 3x day.
I did prolo a lot of different areas for different problems and found some relief, especially for planetary fascitis, elbow tendonitis and thumb arthritis. I remember my prolotherapists said Neural Therapy was for scar tissue from surgery. He did this too.
Good Luck!
16rhonda is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
jkl626 (07-25-2013)