View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013, 10:02 AM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

I didn't tolerate Lyrica (or gabapentin) well either, but many rave about it -- everyone is different. IIRC, my doctor wanted me to give it a month (which I did) to see if the side effects abate.

A condition called torticollis ("twisted neck") has been reported as a side effect of Lyrica/pregabalin.

lyrica torticollis

With any/every med., the question is, do the benefits outweigh the side effects (or... does the good outweigh the bad).

Your doctor needs to know about this and any other intolerable side effects, and whether or not the Lyrica/pregabalin is helping. If you decide to discontinue it, your doctor needs to taper you off of it slowly -- please do not discontinue abruptly.
Quote:
Withdrawal symptoms

It is typical to experience withdrawal symptoms when stopping Lyrica. To avoid or minimize withdrawal symptoms, the treating physician should prescribe a program for reducing the medication over time. In general, Lyrica should be discontinued gradually over one week. [or longer]
http://www.spine-health.com/treatmen...ica-pregabalin
Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
hopeful (07-28-2013)