View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013, 03:59 PM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Default Chest/Sternum spasms

I started having these "spasms" at 45 yrs old. I am female. They started out once a year, then more frequent. I thought it was my heart. It seemed like it was "fluttering". It would last seconds. When it happened, it would take away my breath, meaning I couldn't breathe. Today at age 52, these events are random and more often. Sometimes more powerful than others. Very scary. Sometimes I feel adrenaline or tingling up to my earlobes and throughout my body. Sometimes it is just scary and I have to sit and be still. I have been to the cardiologists twice for a full stress test two times and holter monitors as well as pulmonary testing and sleep testing and all came out normal.

Since I went to a naturopath that suggested magnesium supplement which I believed helped, but too much and I get diarrhea. So I am now taking a liquid pico-ionic form that I add to water. Does not have the diarrhea effect. However, I do not notice any change. Possibly I need to up my dose, but this stuff is very pricey. These events are completely random. They can happen after I eat, if I get excited, anytime. So I live my live in a constant unexcitable state. I have no pain with these events, just fluttering that can be faint or strong with tingling or not and no breath. Any ideas? Could it be that caffeine is a culprit? I love tea, and chocolate but I don't overindulge.
dcofas is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote