View Single Post
Old 05-16-2007, 08:06 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Each suicidal act, I think, has it's own reason. Desperation, depression, pain, who knows. Millions of reasons. Impulsive sometimes, yes. The last person I knew who killed himself had a myriad of problems going on. He was very altered, however, when he committed the final act. Altered on drugs and alcohol and very desperate. No money, wife left him and took kids, death of his closest friend, fired from his job, a very sick mother and more.

I think something as simple as being broke can lead you to take your own life. (if you can call being in debt and never having enough money simple!) I personally have thought many a time about how nice it would be to die so that I didn't have to deal with money problems anymore. But then I have the depression monster hovering around and that makes it worse.

I agree you don't have to be physically or mentally ill, but something is there that pushes you over the edge.

Quote:
I believe that he despaired at that moment and said "F*** It"
Exactly. There must be at least a moment of desperation. Suicide is a desperate act. I hope those that complete the act get the relief they wanted.

Bruna - rescued from a Missouri puppy mill
Doody is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mistiis (10-07-2008)