View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013, 07:58 PM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Default Another question...

Hi Bryanna,

It's me again! I have my third consultation with my general dentist next week.
After reading other posts about bridges, I am thinking that this might be my best option. However, I don't know how many teeth can be "bridged". Since I have the two front lowers that I want taken out, can the teeth on either side support the bridge? I've heard of a bridge for three teeth, but not four. And, can a bridge be done if there is already bone loss???

I appreciate any information you can provide so I can go into this appointment with the knowledge I need to make the best decision. I am grateful that I have a great dentist who has offered a third consultation free of charge.

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Tensailswin,

Just a side note..... at the "young" age of 51 it is truly wise to always take in to consideration your overall health anytime you are dealing with a situation in which you have the choice of staying "status quo for who knows how long" or "being pro active to avoid an inevitable problem".
Looking down the road.... loosing a couple of teeth to infection is sure better than loosing several teeth to that same infection.

Removing teeth is never an easy decision.... just one that concerns your overall well being.

You are welcome for the information .... come back any time!

Bryanna

QUOTE=Tensailswim;1001488]Bryanna,

Thank you so much for your advice and information. I also wondered about a bridge. The two lower teeth that need to go are the middle/front ones. The ones adjacent to them seem to be ok. You have helped me to narrow down my best options to a bridge or as a last resort, a partial denture for the lower front teeth. I never imagined even considering dentures at 51, but I am thinking long-term. I don't want to sit in the dental chair over and over for these two teeth for the rest of my life. And, I DON'T want to go through braces again!

Thanks again for your help!
[/QUOTE]
Tensailswim is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote