View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013, 08:40 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
I added some spacing for easier reading.. and bolded some of the key words for you. I don't know all the terms myself, just going by what sounds like it could be important.

I does look like you have some degenerative disk disease (also known as DDD), bulges and other things going on. Much more than Fibro & chronic pain - well the chronic pain could be stemming from the spinal issues..

What are your main symptoms & pain levels?

Thank you for making adjustments to my posting, I appreciate your help. I grew up as a young child with pain. I am not a stranger to chronic pain or at least to the chronicity part of it. There were findings of Sheuermann's Disease, Bertelotti's Syndrome, Facet Joint Syndrome, Mild Scoliosis and Sclerosis Of the Sacrum and Pelvis by the time I was 17. I had a father that would say it's in your head, you okay, perhaps it was denial. When he would take me to the Doctor I do not think he understood what was said. He was an immigrant and did not understand english well and unfortunately I was to young to comprehend. Time passed and doctors seemed to juggle diagnosis. There was also the diagnosis of leg length issues, the right being 1/2 inch shorter than the left. I tested positive with HLA-B27 so it was assumed that I was experiencing the early onset of Anklosing Spondulitis. The years passed and my G.P ended up labelling my for a lack of effort with Fibromyalgia and Chronic Pain. I recently had a consult with a neuro/ortho sergeon. His recommendation was posterior spinal fusion from T3 to L1 with a possible posterior osteotomy, unfortunately, I was told that it would make my lumbar worse. I cant sleep because of the lumbar, pelvic, groin and leg pain. It's like starting all over again.

Pain: Frequent headaches with dull pain in occipitalis. Numbness, pins and needles at the base of neck and across shoulders with heaviness down my arms with occasional cramping and numbness in hands. Crushing thoracic spine pain with wrap around pain and tightness in my ribs. Sharp lumbar spine pain that spreads across upper buttoks into hips and leg folds to the pubic bone. Stinging/tingling down entire left leg - upper thighs to knees, stinging, tingling. A sensation of cold water running down my shins and into feet with little extension in foot raise. I have had a couple falls this past year and recently fractured my left ankle and hurt my head. I am not without hope, I just do not know where to go from here. I may not of mentioned, I live in Ontario - Canada and had to wait a year and half to see the only surgeon to date.
Massimo
massimo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote