View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013, 10:55 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Tensailswim,

Permanent bridges can include several teeth if necessary. The number of teeth that would be needed to support the two lower ones depends on the amount of bone loss and the condition of the adjacent laterals (the teeth next to the two front ones). Sometimes a 4 unit bridge is adequate and sometimes the bridge has to be extended to the canines which would make it a 6 unit bridge.

Another option may be to just have a removable partial denture to replace the two lower teeth and any other lower teeth that may be missing. With this option you would not have to have any other teeth cut down to hold a bridge. But this appliance can be a bit tricky to wear while eating. Some people do real well with these, others not so much.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tensailswim View Post
Hi Bryanna,

It's me again! I have my third consultation with my general dentist next week.
After reading other posts about bridges, I am thinking that this might be my best option. However, I don't know how many teeth can be "bridged". Since I have the two front lowers that I want taken out, can the teeth on either side support the bridge? I've heard of a bridge for three teeth, but not four. And, can a bridge be done if there is already bone loss???

I appreciate any information you can provide so I can go into this appointment with the knowledge I need to make the best decision. I am grateful that I have a great dentist who has offered a third consultation free of charge.

Thanks!
[/QUOTE]
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote