View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013, 12:05 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I know this is an old thread, but if any of you that posted are still around I want to send out a thank you & let you know an update.
This year my hands and feet started tingling. I figured the PN my primary suggested I had was getting worse. I found a neurologist and started my search for what is wrong again. She ordered bloodwork (finally those tests you mentioned above Glenntag), as well as a EMG and Nerve Conduction test.
My physicals tests came back normal, without even carpal tunnel. However I has some abnormalities show up in my bloodwork, and she was concerned avout my ANA showing positive. She referred me out to a rheumatologist.
The Rheumatologist spent over an hour with me asking questions and doing a physical exam. He diagnosed me with SLE (lupus) with sicca, possible Sjogren's as a secondary - though no tests were done to further confirm the Sjogren's.
I've started taking plaquinol and medrol, as well as a vitamin D3 and B12 suppliement.
If you're interested in the acutal bloodwork results, I can post or message them to you. But I figured you might like to know one of your first guesses was correct.
Oh and a side note, the Rheumatologist doesn't think I have PN at all, that the pain in my abdomen all this time is a hernia. 7 years, and no one was willing to listen and actually take interest in the problem. Thank you to two good doctors - finally, and to the wealth of knowledge from the people on this board!
abbyrition is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hopeless (07-26-2013), jenng (07-26-2013)