View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013, 06:31 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

No advice, you have already been given some, just a confirmation that you did the right thing scheduling a visit to the neurologist, these are neuropathy symptoms. There is probably nothing they can do, except perhaps prescribe for the pain, you will have to ride this one out. I had similar all over body sunburned feeling. It has now settled down to my left thigh only, and it varies in intensity. Things tend to be like that, they reach an unbearable peak and then subside or you get used to them to the point where they are bearable. Sometimes it takes a lot of medicine to reach that point, but Tylenol is not a good choice.
It was suggested to me that the opiate therapy I was on for the pain (i have hereditary sensory motor neuropathy with fairly high pain levels ) might have been the culprit, and I did discontinue for several weeks, but without effect other than increased pain.
This is one of the most difficult of the symptoms to deal with, but several people here have had it, for most it levels off, but it can take a while to do so.
I had to completely change what I wore, no jeans or stiff clothing, different cut of underwear, softer fabrics, it was very challenging. I am still very sensitive to the elastic in my underwear as my numbness extends to the hips. Good luck!
Susanne C. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (07-26-2013)