View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013, 10:53 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
I think tests can be done by using a legitimate online service, seems like a good dr would do this to find out for sure if you have it or not.

I've read here in the past that extended doses (months) of antibiotics are needed to wipe Lyme out, and it seems the longer it is before diagnosis the more damage is done.

Please do a full forum search of Lyme for more information. search link is in my siggy.

There are no tests this far that can show that antibiotcs actually eradicate it completely in the long run. All lab animals when given extensive antibiotics still showed lyme in areas like joint, brain. This is because it has multiple ways it evades the immune system.

With that said many people go on antibiotcs for a few years and then seem to be cured. My question is this: has anyone followed this cured individuals and compiled extensive data to see how often and how many years later they relapse?

I've talked to many researches and people on the lyme front and they know many people who, once better, have to do "maintainence" every few years.

So you can make a full recovery, but no, currently there is no way to completely eradicate it from your body.

But isn't that the same for any virus? They stay with you forever and can pop out when you are under the weather or under stress.

We are only scratching the tip of the iceberg with these spirochete bacteria.
Midori2013 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote