View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013, 12:00 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod1 View Post
So, I'm new to this forum. I have had double vision and droopy eyelid (s) for a year and a half. The blood tests were negative a year ago. The neurologist I went to in December did not think I had Myasthenia, but said that I was welcome to come back to him any time, and did not need a referral. I also have a epi retinal membrane, and of course, a growing cataract in one eye. Getting to the point, my optometrist has tried at least 6, probably more, prism combinations, all to no avail. The last stick-on worked for a couple hours, but now, is not working. Does this sound familiar to any one? Thank-you
Hello and welcome, Rod. I'm in agreement with Mike. Given the information in your post, I too, suggest that you see a Neuro-Ophthalmologist. If you can't locate one in your area, then an Ophthalmologist is the next best thing. While I feel there is nothing wrong with an Optometrist (and I do understand they are trained for some diagnoses) an Ophthalmologist is a doctor of medicine--an optometrist is not.

Optometrists, who refer patients when things become "interesting" are worth their weight in gold.
Fortunatos is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote