View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013, 05:34 PM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Default Loud noises and seizures

I thought I would share my experience and what seems so far to be helpful for me.

After a motorcycle accident (first time out on the road....but I was covered head to toe in gear...ripped up my left arm (6 surgeries) and a slight mark on my helmet), I noticed that there were times when a quick sound or a fast movement on the TV caused very short duration convulsions for me. The video seemed to lessen over time as well as audio causing issues.

A year later after being prescribed Zoloft (200mgs/day) I suffered my first Grand Mal. I did not notice any major outside sources (audio/video) prior to the seizure....just woke up to having my back broken in 3 places.

The seizure was finally attributed to Serotonin Syndrome and my Zoloft was changed to Lexapro at 10mgs/day with success.

About 7 months later, while at a drum and bugle corps competition I had another Grand Mal.

Since that time I've noticed that as the day goes on and sound starts to build, I become more sensitive.

I decided to experiment with .5mgs of Xanax and all of my symptoms disappeared. 1mg of Xanax prior to attending a concert or movie, and I have no myoclonic activity at all and have been seizure free for two years.

I know that my case is my own....and am certainly aware we are all different.

I just figure if I could calm my CNS down just a tad that perhaps the volume might not be as much of an issue.

Just my two cents from my experience.

Bob
wdisneyw71 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote