View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013, 09:21 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smirk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod1 View Post
So, I'm new to this forum. I have had double vision and droopy eyelid (s) for a year and a half. The blood tests were negative a year ago. The neurologist I went to in December did not think I had Myasthenia, but said that I was welcome to come back to him any time, and did not need a referral. I also have a epi retinal membrane, and of course, a growing cataract in one eye. Getting to the point, my optometrist has tried at least 6, probably more, prism combinations, all to no avail. The last stick-on worked for a couple hours, but now, is not working. Does this sound familiar to any one? Thank-you
My neuro-opthalmologist told me that prisms generally only work for a period of time. I got some, used them very successfully for a while, then took them off completely for a couple of weeks. Then the doubles came back, so I stuck them back in the glasses. OK for a while, but now I still get some double vision the prisms don't correct. That's when the neuro guy told me that they only work for a while. So I'm happy when they work, and go back to closing one eye when they don't and I need to see mono with my distant vision.

Susan
Online User is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote