View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013, 09:43 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default GF food in Supermarkets

Do you check the labels at all when you pick up stuff in the grocery store that is marked Gluten Free? I*admin edit*I did some research and ended up ordering a couple of really great books on Amazon, one of which was "A Consumer's Dictionary of Food Additives," by Ruth Winter, M.S.
*admin edit*I talked about what I have for breakfast each morning, and I ended up using the creamer I use for coffee as my best/worst example of chemicals in foods.

I can't tell you how astonished I was to discover that I have been drinking a chemical cocktail every morning instead of coffee with cream. There is NO real natural ingredients in it.

This opened my eyes to look at labels on all the Gluten Free stuff I buy. A lot of it is just as bad for us as the gluten. I'ts like when they label something "natural." Well, if they label chicken as "natural," what would it be if it was not natural?

I am learning that it is best to stick with living food--veges and fruit, along with rice and tapioca flowers, etc., and with organic meats. Corn is all GM over here in the US now, so we can't even count on that being OK. Check your labels--you might be blown away by what you are "really" eating, whether it says Gluten Free or not.

Eat Well~ Feel Well~ Live Well,
ShariLee
*admin edit*

Last edited by Chemar; 07-27-2013 at 06:22 AM. Reason: New Members may not link or use other ways to redirect to other websites
ShariLee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote