Thread: New to MG
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2007, 08:55 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile New to MG

I was diagnosed with MG in March of this year after being hospitalized and undergoing many tests and repeating some of those over again. All tests were normal except finally a single fiber emg was done and it was positive. I was hospitalized for extreme shortness of breath and weakness. In restrospect, I can now see that this was coming on for sometime because I have experienced double vision off and on for several years and for aboput the last two years I have been getting more short of breath with exertion and I just attributed it to age(59), weight(200), and from lack of physical exercise. I was given a trial dose of Mestinon 30mg twice daily which improved my symptoms and I was already on steroids for a severe case of eczema. I am now on Mestinon 60mg three to four times daily. I sometimes take the fourth one in the middle of the night when I have breathing problems. I cannot walk over 50 feet without sitting down to rest and I was wondering if any of you have had to get power chairs and how did you go about it? I have really enjoyed reading the posts on this forum and look forward to hearing from you.
ibeeanurse is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote