View Single Post
Old 07-27-2013, 12:00 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default is it a seizure because of stress?

Hello everyone, it's nice to found this forum. I have read some of the postings & I get quite a lot new information about epilepsy, but I still need your opinion about my situation

my story begin in 9 may 2012. I have my first attack, I lost consciousness for 3 minutes , I just think I’m stress or too tired. The second attack happens in 23 may 2012. I went to a neuro, she tells me to have a blood test, EEG & EKG, those results came back normal.

in June, I have a few small attacks, which I just feel dizzy & I can not recognize letters/words that I saw.

and then I have another attack in July. I went to another neuro, he tells me to have MRI (with contrast), MRA & EEG. My MRI (with contrast) and MRA came back normal, but my EEG came back with “slowing in delta waves” My neuro still refer me to a cardiologist. I have EKG, Echocardiogram & 24 hour holter monitor, everything came back normal. So, my neuro said that I have epilepsy. Since than, I’m on Keppra 500 twice a day. In august and September I still have another small attack. In November, January 2013, march 2013, I still have big seizures.

in June and July 2013 I have a different kind of attack, suddenly I just feel dizzy, my body turns cold, I have rapid heartbeat, shortness of breath & tunnel vision, but I’m not lose my consciousness.

I went to a psychiatrist, she tells me that my seizure came because of psychogenic causes. She gave me antidepressant and told me to relax, meditation, sports etc.
the reason I went to psychiatrist is because my first seizure (in may 2012) happens when I wait for my girlfriend in a hospital, she’s attempting a suicide. My relationship with her is very difficult, at last when I’m trying to break up with her, she’s trying to kill herself. But, at last, my relationship with her is over

I have 3 kinds of attack
1. Suddenly I just feel dizzy & I can not recognize letters/words that I saw, I feel like I want to throw up and then I lose my consciousness, my body stiff, after I wake up, I have headache & feel sleepy, I call it big attack
2. I just feel dizzy & I that I saw, I’m not lose my consciousness, I call it small attack
3. feel dizzy, can not recognize letters/words, my body turns cold, I have rapid heartbeat, shortness of breath & tunnel vision, but I’m not lose my consciousness

Is there anyone have same problem with me. I’m just confused, my neuro said it’s epilepsy. my psychiatrist told me it some kind of panic attack, because I have a very difficult relationship which leads me to stress and my medicine is not helping me at all
Any opinion guys??
nikolaus0902 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote