View Single Post
Old 07-27-2013, 05:56 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi nickolaus,

Welcome to the forum! I have a feeling your rapid heartbeat is trigger simple partial (aura) sz. where you can't recognize letters this happens often with me. I will look at something but it doesn't look familiar. If I may ask do you ever get a nervous feeling in your stomach, smell weird odours like something burning, or gases, along with seeing colors in your eyes? If you do this is a simple partial sz. Often heart problems can lead to epilepsy do to the blood flow to the brain.
Darlene was correct start seeing an Epileptologist at an Epilepsy center and get off the antidepresssents because that will just increase sz. if you are on any meds for them. If you go to an Epilepsy Center you will see an Epileptologist and a neuropsychatrist who will do testing on you and can tell what area of your brain is possibly triggering sz. along with what side of your brain you are using for memory and speech. Start taking vitamin B12 1000 mcg. once a day to help calm your nerves this also will help reduce your sz. possibly. I know it's done wonders reducing my sz.
Stress and lack of sleep are the 2 main things that will trigger a sz. for a person. I have found that listening to music and writing help me a lot if I'm under stress. Cut back on the carbs and starch foods along with caffeine because carbs and starch foods turn into sugars which fire up the neurons in the brain and can lead to sz. for some people. The one big thing to stay away from is nutra sweet (aspartame) like diet soda that is wicked and will cause more electrical activity in the brain. Keep track of your sz. write them down on a calendar describing what the sz. was like, along with the time that the sz. happened. By doing this the neuro or Epileptologist you see may see a pattern in your sz. I always have sz. at least 2 days out of the month around the 25th if not before. Get away from the psychiatrist and see a neuropsychatrist instead you will get a lot more help and they won't be pushing drugs on you. Also keep track of the weather because sometimes a person will have a sz. if a low pressure in the weather is coming in. I often get headaches and my Epileptologist told me that a low pressure makes the air heavier which in turn affects a persons hormones triggering a sz. I've had epilepsy for 41 yrs. and had 2 brain surgeries for it to reduce my sz. so I've been through a lot but I'm not giving up I still am looking for ways to help stop epilepsy all together. Here's wishing you well and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote