View Single Post
Old 07-27-2013, 09:50 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicd577 View Post
My attorney filed an OTR request a little over 2 months ago and I still haven't heard anything from SS as of yet. My hearing is scheduled for August. So, does anyone have any experience with this? can they deny it right before my hearing, like when i am there, or simply approve me or make me wait or just ignore the OTR like it never happened? I am so nervous about it coming down to this last month....I know that my age of 35 is playing into this hugely, but with weekly seizures, not controlled even with multiple meds, bipolar, depression, anxiety and migraines, I am left completely unable to function een with daily personal activities most of the time. Thanks for any and all input.
I had the same situation nicd, my lawyer filed for a on the record decision and I never heard a word about it. I don't know if they send a letter to my lawyer and he just did'nt send it to me, or they just don't send anything unless your approved, with everything I have read that is rare. My very first hearing took almost 2 years. I was denied, appealed to the appeals council, remanded back to the same judge, denied again, and it is now at the appeals council. I wish you the best of luck with your hearing, be honest and tell the judge exactly what you can and cannot due, and what prevents you from doing it. IE: pain, range of motion, zoned out because of meds. Anything that limits you in everyday life. Good Luck.
bretd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote