View Single Post
Old 05-16-2007, 09:24 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Grin I'm a Little scared; RSD

Hi all,
I'm new to the forum, but have been lurking for a while I think this is a great forum with lots of support from people who know!
My fear is possible RSD, I have had several surgeries on one of my shoulders....which has resulted in a nearly usless dominant arm. I have been having some strange sensations that I can't seem to distinguish...I have either a burning or a cold feeling skin area on my back and upper arm surround the surgery site. The feeling comes and goes, is very uncomfortable, and I simple cannot tell if it feels hot or cold (does this make sense?). My arm is always mottled looking, and if I hold my arm a certain way....I have a slight tremor in my thumb. This is scaring the heck out of me for fear of RSD...as this was orig a work injury, and I am on workers comp and have already been put at max medical improvement...with pain management meds for life (lyrica is one of them). I have no future MD appointments scheduled with the shoulder doctor. Am I just being paranoid? I have read up on RSD...but can find no info or symptoms of how it begins. Can anyone enlighten me?
Thank you, Lillyblossom
Lillyblossom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote