View Single Post
Old 07-27-2013, 05:24 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Lolla,

Yea, it is ideal for this to be a whole lot better before she goes back to college.

In about a week, she can start to gently massage the outside of her cheek/jaw. Gently and not for long periods of time. This will keep the blood flowing there which is what you want.

An ultrasound will probably not show much of anything. She can have a dental periapical xray (one small film) done just before she leaves for college to see what the bone looks like. It will still be far from healed as that will take at least a year. But it may show if there is any residual infection or concern.

I'm sure she is not a happy camper and feels like.... why did I have to do this!!!! Oye :/

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolla C View Post
Hi Bryanna,

thank you for the reassurance. We are hoping (somewhat desparetly) that this is/was the case and that the swelling will be gone after she 'settles' from this procedure. We are doing the warm rinses and moist heat-she goes back to college August 17 and does not want to go with a swollen face! Hopefully 4 weeks will do it.

Two quick questions 1) Would it be at all helpful if she gently massages it when it is comfortable to do so, and 2) if the swelling is still present after say three more weeks would ultrasound possibly help?

Lolla
[/QUOTE]
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote