View Single Post
Old 07-27-2013, 09:13 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Welcome to Neurotalk-this has been an incredible source of support and information for many.

I got rear ended last year, and I have had many similar symptoms including convergence insufficiency (headaches from reading, hard to watch moving objects, etc.)

The horrible truth is that each concussion is unique. It is hard to put a timeframe on each recovery.

Finding the right doctors with pcs experience is important-but even then they are often at a loss in terms of recovery timeframes.

I found that I have perspective looking back in 3 month timeframes-I can see how far I have come in some areas, and how much more I have to go in others.

For me, headaches, neck pain and migraines still plague me (as does the vision and vertigo), but icing the neck, sleeping on buckwheat pillows and ensuring rest and quiet help.

Also, there is a vitamin thread by long-time veteran Mark from Idaho has been really crucial to recovery. Eating healthily and limiting caffeine is important.

I know others will contribute their tips. I am on leave from work and have 3 boys-so prioritizing my self-care has been difficult but crucial.

Best of luck!

Post-event: Diagnosed with post-concussion syndrome, ptsd, whiplash, peripheral and central vestibular dysfunction and convergence insufficiency. MRI/CT scans fine.

Symptoms: daily headaches, dizziness/vertigo, nausea, cognitive fog, light/noise sensitivities, anxiety/irritability, fatigued, convergence insufficiency, tinnitus and numbness in arms/legs.

Therapies: Now topamax 50mg daily; Propanolol and Tramadol when migraine. Off nortryptiline and trazodone. Accupuncture. Vitamin regime. Prism glasses/vision therapy. Vestibular therapy 3month. Gluten free diet. Dairy free diet. On sick leave from teaching until Sept. 2014.
berkeleybrain is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mokey (07-30-2013)