View Single Post
Old 07-28-2013, 01:01 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default sensitivity to sound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lkas4 View Post
Hi Dagma1...Thank you for your response. It's so frustrating recovering from this type of injury. I can't believe it's been 6 months already. On a good day when you feel like you can push yourself and do more it backfires! I was driving to work and entered an intersection going about 40 mph. I had the green light and a lady turned without warning in front of me. I t-boned her car and hit the light post and then a tree. I am lucky to be alive. Thank goodness for seatbelts and airbags (all of them were deployed). I was instantly lightheaded and dizzy and had numbness and tingling in both my upper extremities. The seatbelt gave me a large deep bruise over my left upper chest. I have had constant ringing in my ears since the accident. My symptoms get worse when I drive, do computer work, am fatigued or stressed. I drink once in a great while and when I was out the other night with friends had 1 drink which felt like I had 5! I do a series of 12 exercises 2x per day to help with my vestibulo-ocular reflex deficit and whiplash. I can't wait to get normalcy back in my life! Thank you again for listening. I'm sorry you are going through this as well. I appreciate feedback or advice for recovering from PCS.
Yes, thank goodness we are alive, but....i'm 8months after my accident and my quality of life right now is horrible. I have extreme sensitivity to sounds (i've improved with light) and I get easily overstimulated. I can't go to the grocery store or drive...Everyone says rest and time, but i'm so angry.

Is there anyting that you do or that anyone does that helps? I can't sleep b/c the ringing in my ears is horrible.
TZandme is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote