View Single Post
Old 07-28-2013, 01:03 AM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Default My husband just had a seizure

I don't know where to start. My husband is in his late forties and lately has been losing his temper, yelling at everyone and the other night he got irrationally angry and threw the remote to the tv. He stormed off and went to bed and slept in very late the next day. He got up at 1 pm and seemed disoriented, his hand was all balled up and it was against his chest in a odd fashion and he couldn't move it or feel hid limbs on the right side. I took him to his doctor and he was sent to the ER. A cat scan showed two spots on the left side of his brain and so MRI's were ordered next. They aren't sure if he had a stroke or a migraine that brought on a motor seizure. He is now on seizure medications and an EEG and a heart echo have been ordered. They kept asking has he been in a car accident, did he fall and hit his head, has he lost concessioness,etc. They think he has had seizures in the past when he has had a headache, he always goes to bed when he gets a bad headache. Do migraines and seizures have common markers or did he stroke? He has never had a seizure before and I am at a loss on what to do. How do we handle seizures?
dvmurphy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote