View Single Post
Old 07-28-2013, 10:59 AM

Location: Somewhere in the Finger Lakes Region of Central NY State
10 yr Member

Location: Somewhere in the Finger Lakes Region of Central NY State
10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouchnic View Post
Just joined your group to talk to you about the fact that my doctor said to stop taking Gabapentin for a whole week before starting Lyrica. It took so long to get to see the doctor that the burning pain in my feet by then made me want to yell. I got the Lyrica prescription and started right away taking some that night. Didn't care about a possible overdose : was way beyond caring. Anyway, Lyrica gave me nightmares and fitfull sleep for a couple of nights and I was reducing the number of Gabapentin from 6 to 3 a day. Now, I take 1 capsule of 75 mg of Lyrica (actually the generic med) in the morning, 3 Gabapentin at supper time and 3 Gabapentin before bedtime. Since taking Lyrica, I have noticed memory loss, balance trouble and word slurring occasionally. I do not want to stop taking it because the medication is helping to keep the pain at a manageable level. I know that my doctor would get mad if she learned that her orders are not followed exactly. What do you think?
Is generic Lyrica available in the US now? Was just taking with my Neuro about it, and he said it would be a more expensive option than Nortriptyline.
groucho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote