View Single Post
Old 07-28-2013, 11:49 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRPStweet View Post
Dear Nanc - Congrats and best wishes for you! I stopped working Oct 2012. I have STD and it ends in Oct 2013. I am on COBRA and have no spouse, so no second income or insurance. I have RSD whole body symptoms from injury Spring 2012. As a homeowner in my 50s with a mortgage, I am definitely worried. I plan to apply to SSDI (I guess that is the right acronym) soon. It was suggested to me to organize medical papers in binders. Did you do that or how did you organize your documents when sent? Many thanks !
Hey there! Thanks and so sorry about your difficult situation! I stopped working 12/28/12 and was denied STD & LTD through my employers disability carrier. I planned on appealing that decision and was advised by an attorney to apply for SSD as soon as possible because of the delay at Social Security. I got all of my medical records to send in with my appeal. I filed for SSD online in April and then took a copy of all my records and letters from my two primary drs to the local SS office. I only filed my appeal to the STD/LTD carrier two weeks ago...fingers crossed!!

I would recommend filing for SSD right away, do not wait until the STD runs out. I am in Va and there is a huge backlog of cases, plus there is a five month waiting period. I think by my having all my records, it helped it along...a lot of time was saved You do not have to supply records to them, you sign a release and they obtain them. To me, the application process online is grueling! It took me a while to ge through it, but you can stop and go back to it if necessary. You will definitely need to have your info organized while completing your application since you have to provide dates for dr visits and tests, etc...lots of info required.

I wish the official letter would come in the mail soon, I want that "official" confirmation!!!

I wish you the best of luck!!
Nanc
Nanc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote