View Single Post
Old 07-28-2013, 02:39 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I just wanted to post a quick follow-up. I had a follow-up. It was a bone shard-I didn't ask where from, he just pulled it out-it didn't need stitches. I've had a few more sores pop up. Apparently, it's a common side effect when you start Cellcept. Love that my dentist knows that actually knows what Lupus is! He had me do some baking soda rinses for a few days, and it cleared them right up.

I've been good with the soft food, and the jaw hasn't hurt since. Although I won't lie, I'd give my right arm for some red meat. Hahaha.

Also, just FYI I did talk to a nutritionist this week. We discussed probiotics. So in addition to taking probiotics daily, to consider taking the drink Bio K whenever you take antibiotics. Apparently it's super potent and gives an extra kick. You have to get it at a Heath food store though. She said use 1-2 bottles each round of antibiotics. I just thought I'd share since I know you're big on probiotics. She suggested I try Xylitol mints after meals, and sip a little in water to help strengthen my teeth. It brings the PH back to less acidic levels.

Thak you again for all your help and support!
socasusie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote