Thread: Latuda
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2013, 04:42 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBI/PTSD View Post
Hello all,
I haven't checked in in a while. I am still creeping along the road w ups and downs. Yesterday I was very, very anxious maybe manic. I had an appt with my doc yesterday and that probably gave me incentive to calm down. We concluded at the appt that my Meds aren't working so we are going to try Latuda.

I get very shaky and anxious, stuttering and then super depressed sometimes in a matter of minutes to hours.

Can anyone relate or has anyone been on latuda?

Hi TBI/PTSD,

I'm not sure if I read your full post so If I'm mistaken about anything I apologize, I'm just trying to help.

Anyhow you mentioned you were "very, very anxious maybe manic" and that you were "anxious then super depressed sometimes in a matter of minutes to hours." Lamictal can actually cause destabilization in many people before they reach a stabilizing or therapeutic dose. Low doses of Lamictal can act almost like an antidepressant to some bipolars, resulting in anxiety, panic, erratic moods or rapid cycling or sad to hypo to manic, and anger. It's the higher doses of Lamictal that act like a true mood stabilizer.

Hope that helps abit, if not I do apologize.

I certainly hope you are feeling better soon and Latuda will offer you some relief.

Take care.

WindWalker
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (07-28-2013), Brokenfriend (07-28-2013), mymorgy (07-30-2013), waves (07-30-2013)