Old 07-28-2013, 05:00 PM

Location: Somewhere in the Finger Lakes Region of Central NY State
10 yr Member

Location: Somewhere in the Finger Lakes Region of Central NY State
10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Smith View Post
Thanks for the 411, Grouch.

FSS bothered me a lot for the first year or so -- it was the first symptom I recall manifesting. By the time the burning began, I had been to a podiatrist (no help at all -- just wrapped my feet in duct tape and told me to leave it on for a week... didn't do squat) and the neurology route that wrote me off with a scrip for gabby. Right about the time I broke down and took the first gabby, I also got ahold of some RLA, and within 48 hours the burning was gone. Since then I've tried other supplements as recommended here, but the only one that's made a difference for me I found on my own - pantothenic acid (B5). Over time, the shocks, cramps, and FSS have all lessened, but never gone completely. So I can pretty well attribute it to time, RLA, B5 or a combination of 2 or all of them.

Just my $.02

Doc
Doc:
Glad to see that you've been back, for awhile. Hope the "break" you took wasn't anything serious.

The Gaba worked for about 3 weeks, then would have to up my dose. When I hit 600mg - 4x daily, I felt I had enough. If I go above 40mg daily on the Nortriptyline, it's like I've ODed on caffeine. No fun, either. I don't think my feet felt any better at 50mg, but didn't stay on it (twice) long enough to know, maybe. Another fellow on here suggested natural vitamin E made his feet feel better in 2 or 3 weeks. After being on it for 2 weeks, I found my feet were no longer icy cold. Just kinda cool in the AM, to near regular body temperature later. That wasn't what he meant, and he never did tell me what "better" was for him, but if it helps my circulation, I would say (& my Neuro agrees) it's a good thing. I just added Omega 3 & am giving that a trial run, but will keep the B5 in the back of my mind. Don't like to try multiple new supplements at once. Hard telling what's helping.
groucho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote