View Single Post
Old 07-28-2013, 05:18 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeless View Post
I do not agree that the paperwork for filing for SSDI is necessarily time consuming or extensive

I am sorry to disagree with you on this point but in MY opinion, the paperwork IS extensive AND time consuming. At least it was for me. Maybe someone with familiarity with the process might disagree but I do believe that to many that file, they also find it time-consuming and extensive.

I do not mean any disrespect to you, I just happen to disagree with that point. Thanks to you for all the help you provide to readers here. I really do appreciate all of your comments, just not that one. What seems like extensive and time-consuming to one person may not be so to another.
Filing a claim in order to prove that you meet the legal requirements of a program that will pay you a check and cover you under a health insurance program for possibly the rest of your life can be as simple as completing an online application (2 hours) and submitting one piece of paper that verifies you are a paraplegic and be approved in two weeks, or it can take months, years and reams of documents and legal arguments and treating records and consultative exams and hundreds of hours of applicant, attorney and SSA employee time.

But you are right that the term time consuming and extensive means different things to different people. Just like the phrase "I can't stand very long".
Janke is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote